School Age Child Care program provides before and after school child care to school-age children enrolled in Tipton County Schools. Additionally, the SACC offers full-day care when school is not in session such as in-service training days, holidays, and summer.
SACC focuses on child-centered activities and developmentally appropriate practices. Our program strikes a healthy balance between free-choice and teacher-directed activities; stimulating and quiet activities; large- and small-group activities. Typical rotations at many of our SACC Sites include hands-on learning experiences, games, physical activity, homework help, reading and/or math tutoring, arts and crafts, and computer time.
During holiday breaks and summer, SACC sites buzz with activity. In addition to various field trips, sites may participate in an array of extended learning opportunities and themed camps. You may see children learning dance steps, creating art, conducting a science experiment, or participating in a sports activity. Theme days are a regular highlight of these longer days, and SACC children have enjoyed Pajama days, Rock Star days, and Bike days, to name a few!
SACC 2020 Registration Information
Registration for SACC will be very different this year, so please read ALL of the following steps in our new process:
- Download and print out the Registration Handbook.
- Please read the information in the handbook carefully as we have altered some policies due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Registrations WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED BY Dr. Stephanie Turnbow and may be turned in on the following dates and locations:
- Tuesday, July 28 from 11 am to 6 pm at Brighton Elementary School.
- Wednesday, July 29 from 11 am to 6 pm at Brighton Elementary School.
- Thursday, July 30 from 8 am to 3 pm at Crestview Middle School.
- Friday, July 31 from 8 am to 3 pm at Crestview Middle School.
- Additional dates will be added, if needed.
- Current enrollment is based on staffing at this time.
- Priority will be given to ESSENTIAL WORKERS. In order to be considered an essential worker, you must provide a copy of ONE of the following:
- Most recent paycheck stub
- Letter from employer
- Work ID
- On Monday, August 3rd you will receive an email regarding your child’s enrollment status as either ACCEPTED or ON THE WAITING LIST.
- If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Stephanie Turnbow at (901) 475-5973 or email@example.com
- SACC WILL NOT provide full-day care on the staggered days your child does not attend school. The sites will ONLY provide before-school and after-school care.
- You MUST indicate when your child will be attending SACC, so that we will be able to adequately supply and staff the site.
- Families must have a zero balance (no debt) or work out a debt repayment plan with Dr. Turnbow prior to registration in order to be considered for enrollment.