Title IX of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
No person shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any academic, extracurricular, research, occupational training, or other education program or activity operated by a district which receives Federal financial assistance.
In providing any aid, benefit, or service to a student, a district shall not, on the basis of sex:
1) Treat one person differently from another in determining whether such person satisfies any requirement or condition for the provision of such aid, benefit, or service;
2) Provide different aid, benefits, or services or provide aid, benefits, or services in a different manner;
3) Deny any person any such aid, benefit, or service;
4) Subject any person to separate or different rules of behavior, sanctions, or other treatment;
5) Apply any rule concerning the domicile or residence of a student or applicant, including eligibility for in-state fees and tuition;
6) Aid or perpetuate discrimination against any person by providing significant assistance to any agency, organization, or person which discriminates on the basis of sex in providing any aid, benefit or service to students or employees;
7) Otherwise limit any person in the enjoyment of any right, privilege, advantage, or opportunity.
Such non-discrimination is required by Title IX and federal regulations. This requirement extends to admission and employment.
The Title IX Coordinator provides guidance on the District’s Title IX policies and procedures and provides support to students, parents and employees who have experienced discrimination based on sex. To report sex-based discrimination, including sexual harassment, please contact the Title IX Coordinator.
Title IX Coordinator
Name: Dr. Charlotte Fisher
Mailing Address: 1580 Highway 51 South Covington, TN 38019
Phone: (901) 476-7148
Please see the Tipton County School Policy 6.3041, Title IX and Sexual Harassment, for information on how to file a complaint, and how the district will respond.
Materials used to train the Title IX coordinator can be found below.