....from the Student Handbook
DRESS CODE 6.310
Students shall dress and groom in a clean, neat and modest manner so as not to distract or interfere with the operation of the school. More specific guidelines appropriate for each and/or level of each school (elementary, middle, and senior high) may be developed. Principals, faculty members and students shall be involved in the development of each appropriate set of
guidelines. When a student is attired in a manner which is likely to cause disruption or interference with the operation of the school, the principal shall take appropriate action, which may include suspension.
The following items are not acceptable school attire:
- Caps, hats or head coverings of any type;
- Shorts. Pre-K through 8th Grade students may wear knee length shorts.
- Any apparel made from spandex material;
- “Mesh” shirts, tank tops or “cut off” tops, see through shirts. Midriffs must be covered at all times including when students are seated and/or raising their hands. Cleavage is NOT allowed to be shown at anytime.
- Clothing that promotes the use or consumption of alcohol, drugs or with sexual innuendoes conveying suggestive or inappropriate messages. Clothing which denotes possible gang affiliation is not permitted.
- Untucked shirts where belt can not be seen.
- Articles of clothing that are ripped or torn;
- Body piercings with the exception of ear piercing.
- Apparel worn so tight that it is distracting.
- Low riding pants.
- Dresses and skirts not at least knee length.
- No wording across seat of pants.
- Flip-flops or house shoes.
- Pants that are not the appropriate size and not worn at the
waist. Belts are required for pants that have belt loops.
- Pajama pants.
The above list is not all inclusive. For the orderly and efficient operation of the school, the school administration may determine other attire to be inappropriate as situations arise. If there is a question as to whether an article of clothing is appropriate for school wear, the school administration should be contacted prior to wearing. Students who are considered to be in violation of the student dress code will be required to be in compliance immediately or be placed in in-school suspension until he/she is in compliance. In extreme cases of dress, makeup, jewelry and/or hair, etc., the students may be sent home to make corrections. All infractions will be documented on the student’s discipline record.