Note: Per the Tennessee Department of Education, to be eligible to enter kindergarten for the 2020-2021 school year, children must be five years of age by August 15, 2020. (T.C.A 49-6-3001 (B)
Kindergarten registration packets will be posted on each of the elementary school’s webpages for parents/guardians to print and fill out. The elementary schools will accept completed registration packets May 12th and May 19th from 8:00 a.m. – 6 p.m. using a drive-thru drop-off procedure. We ask that everyone remain in their cars.
In addition to the completed packet, parent/guardians will also need to bring a copy of the following:
- A birth certificate or officially acceptable evidence of date of birth
- Evidence of a current medical examination
- Evidence of state-required immunization and
- One proof of residence.
These items will be considered as proof of residence:
- Property tax records which indicate the location of the homestead
- Mortgage documents or property deed;
- Apartment or home lease
- Current utility bills showing residence address;
- Automobile registration
- Driver's license
- State issued id/document
At this time, Kindergarten screening is postponed until further notice.
Any parent/guardian who is unable to print a packet can pick up a printed copy of the paperwork during drop-off dates/times to complete and return.
If you are unable to secure one of the items above, please contact the principal of your child's zoned school for assistance in enrolling your student.