Tipton County Schools supports and encourages a variety of quality educational programs. Students may attend their designated zoned school (based on the address of the legal guardian), or application may be made for Open Enrollment to another school within the school system.
Open Enrollment Slots Available for 2022-2023
Only the student’s parent, legal guardian or legal custodian can apply for a transfer on behalf of the student. The transfer application period/open enrollment period for the 2022-2023 school year for all students will be April 1, 2022 – April 30, 2022.
Parents/guardians may apply by completing and submitting a transfer/open enrollment application form that is available on Skyward Family Access and click on the Open Enrollment link for their child.
- Applications must be completed on Skyward Family Access.
- No applications will be accepted at a school site.
- Applications that are not fully completed will not be accepted.
- If you are applying for more than one child, EACH CHILD MUST HAVE THEIR OWN APPLICATION.
- Notification of open enrollment status/selection will be mailed by May 16, 2022.
- Parents must complete Returning Student Enrollment in July
- Parents must then register their child on new student registration date (July 26, 2022) at the transfer school.
The Lottery Process
If the number of applicants exceeds the number of open slots available at a given school, a lottery will be held. The lottery determines the order in which available slots will be filled. Applications that are received after April 30, 2022, will not be considered. The information of each eligible applicant shall be printed on a lottery log for each requested school. Open Enrollment information cards will be placed into a bin for each school by priority level, shuffled and then cards will be drawn for the available number of slots at each school. One lottery drawing will be held for all available schools at the Tipton County Board of Education on May 13, 2022.
Parent’s Notice of Acceptance
The parent/guardian signature upon the application confirms their agreement to all terms and conditions in TCBOE policy 6.206.
If there are other questions regarding open enrollment, please contact James Fields at 901-476-7148.